Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Itsamywehadababyitsaboy

Wow. It's been a year.

Is anyone still there? Here?

First off, let me say, you guys are amazing. Last year, I had decided to take a break and then the whole yahoo finance thing happened and I felt really overwhelmed. I guess the thing that bothered me the most about the whole situation was I created this blog to share with Crafty people. Sewing People. I never wanted the average internet troll on my page but they found me. But it's cool. Because of you guys. You guys are so great. But I still took a lot away from the other non great people. I want to come out with a confession: I'm not very proud of 98% of anything on this Blog and I pretty much agreed with a lot of the negative comments. So now more than ever I want to improve my skills and I want to share my journey with you.

While I was away: I lost weight, took some craftsy classes, gained some weight. Lot's of weight. Then lost a lot of weight in one day.

I would like to introduce to you: 
Curtis Bailey MYLASTNAMEHERE 


Today he is 7 weeks old. 

Let me tell you about this crazy roller coaster that was my pregnancy. Warning TMI. 

I was doing really well with the weight loss. I was working out religiously, eating gluten free, feeling great. Then one day, at the gym, I felt something else jump with me while I was working out. Sometimes, in the morning, on my way to work, I would feel butterflies in my stomach. A week later I started to feel emotional. I was feeling sorry for myself because going gluten free was supposed to be my cure all. It was supposed to cure the PCOS so I could get a regular aunt flow, so I could finally get pregnant. One night I decided to take a test. It was positive. I looked at it and said "well, that isn't right." I called a co-worker, who used to be a nurse, to confirm that you can get a false negative, but not a false positive on a pregnancy test. John walked in, I told him, he hugged me. We had no clue how far along I was so I called the doctor the next day and they scheduled me to come in, in two weeks. GAH. We didn't want to tell anyone before we knew how far along I was because with PCOS there is a 40% chance of miscarriage. We didn't want to get everyone excited and then have to tell them crushing news. As you can tell by now I'm a big pessimist. Two days before my appointment I had a scare and they told me to come in. There they realized I was a lot further along than 12 weeks.....more like 25 weeks. I cried. I cried like a baby. I was so scared that this guy would come out deformed. I had my wisdom teeth removed during pregnancy, I haven't been taking any prenatals, I transplanted 8 shrubs in my yard. We immediately told our family that day and the rest is history. He is strong, healthy, and happy. 

A lot of people think looking back I'm sure that I could tell. Nope. I never was sick, I never felt any different prior to six months of pregnancy. I even lost ten pounds in month 3.

I wanted to really get back on this blog to share everything. My whole pregnancy journey, month by month, preparing, but seriously with 3 1/2 months left to prepare and a husband in school there wasn't enough time in the world. 

Going Gluten free wasn't my cure because I was already pregnant when I started that diet. But I believe the exercise was. I had read a lot of success stories that a lot of exercise and eating right (no cheat days) worked for women who had PCOS and they inspired me. I'm so glad I did. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and made changes that worked. I gained 50lbs with my pregnancy and I have already lost 30. But I still don't weight as much as I did 3 years ago and I'm really proud of that. 

Anyway. Why am I back? This little guy has inspired me to get back in the sewing room. I didn't make a lot of things for him while I was pregnant (because there wasn't enough time) but I have already started making things for him and me and I can't wait to show you! 


11 comments:

  1. !!!! I am still following your blog and I am sooooooooo happy for you!!! I was sad that you decided to stop blogging because I loved seeing what you were going to come up with next and your ideas for outfits for fuller figured women and you always seem to want to improve your skills and what you can do!!! Again, I'm so excited for you and your family for the healthy be addition and can't wait to see what you've come up with and what you have in store for the future!! Keep strong!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you're back! And with the cutest squish! One billion internet hugs to you and your family. Definitely have missed your awesomeness and so glad you're back! (Oh and my boy squish will be here in a few weeks so I can't wait to see what you've made)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new baby! Welcome back! Don't take the naysayers TOO much to heart. Take them with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an amazing blessing! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! He is precious!! I kept checking your blog hoping you'd come back. Welcome back! Don't believe the haters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy Kay!!! WELCOME BACK!!!! :D
    UAU what great news! You got a son! Ins't that the most beautiful thing in the world, being a mom???
    I look foward to see what you have been up to!
    Don't disapear again!!!!!
    kisses from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new baby and happier life. I just found your blog by following that laundry detergent link that apparently made your life hell. I'm glad I found your blog. I think you're funny. I'll be back. Feel free to misspell anything you like. I like your clothes, they look comfortable. Just remember, have fun and forget the assholes. Like you said, they don't have anything better to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations! I just found your blog too and I love your personality and the mix of crafty things you do. I absolutely love some of the outfits you have pictured on earlier posts - your clothes look great and you look amazing in them! Super excited to see what fun things you come up with for your adorable little boy! I'm expecting in October and want to make cute baby things but I have no idea where to start! Hope you keep having fun crafting and love being a Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations mommy!! I've stumbled on your blog before and really enjoy it. Blogs are a lot to keep up with, life happens, and it's ok to put things down for a while. I relinked through to your blog today through pinterest. Glad you left it up for your admirers, and if you come back I would be very happy to follow along with your creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the baby! Very happy that everyone is happy and healthy!
    Can't wait for some new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I glad I checked your link to see if you were back, cause you are! I like your sew tutorials. Just think of all the stuff you're going to make. One day you'll be at the stage where you're making pants for your boy from mens pants. I'm learning that boys go through a lot of pants and if they are picky about what kind of pant they will wear. Then you're better off making them. Can't wait to see the new stuff you make. :)

    ReplyDelete