Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New and Old Table Centerpiece

I am back finishing up some of my pinterest projects to redecorate the kitchen today. I've actually gotten a lot of stuff completed but haven't had a chance to blog anything yet.  
My inspiration for my new table centerpiece is this picture of a pretty little candle votive. 


I love the deep purple and green with the brown twine tied around it. It's very rustic but still very pretty and feminine. 

I purchased a roll of twine and these blue cat tail looking flowers from Joann Fabrics. The glass is actually a flower vase that I already had on hand - flowers from JB of course.


Trimmed the flowers to the same height as the glass. 

You can put flowers or a candle in the vase to create a different look. I stuffed the leaves from the fake flowers in the bottom. I am really happy with my new centerpiece especially since I was able to upcycle the vase and move it out from a closet where it wasn't being used. 


For more instructions on the table runner check out this post.  

This is what my table centerpiece used to look like: 
The reason I really needed something new on the table (besides that the old arrangement looked like crap) is do you see those little dangly things coming out of the arrangement? Well, apparently those things are like crack to cats. The bad boys are CONSTANTLY on the table playing with them and running off with them so I finally said enough was enough and wanted to get them off the table ASAP. I didn't want to throw away the flowers away so I added them to a brown wicker wreath I bought at JoAnnes. 

I cut off the stems of the flowers, painted a wooden letter F, and made a bow using burlap leftover from this project, and hot glued them all to the wreath. 
It's a little too fall looking for the middle of January so I am going to keep it at my side door until leaves start falling and then I will move it to the front door. 

 My new wreath was inspired by these pinterest projects:
 
            Source                                                     No Source :(

It feels really good finally completing projects I see and pin on pinterest. But does anybody else ever fell bad about posting things that are basically complete ripoffs of others people's work? 
Are you starting off the new year right by completing pinterest projects? 


Happy Pinning!

8 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the "stealing others" worries. But I think that as long as you give them credit and link back to them in some way, you're really just saying that they're cool enough to copy. And everyone wants to be a cool kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, just like a citation or end notes. Give credit and a link - you are good and perfectly ethical.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lisa; as long as you link back so they can maybe find that you 'stole' the idea, I think it's ok. Besides, if you post something on the internet, there's bound to be at least 1 other person out there who would look at what you did and go, "man, I like that, I want that for myself!!" and if it's not something they're trying to sell, then I feel it's more a compliment to their idea than anything!!! Also, does it count that I'm specifically looking for ideas of things to do/make, finding ways to do them and pinning those ways, and THEN actually doing the thing?? lol If so, then yes, I am also doing/finishing things I've pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you linked up at Ginger Snap Crafts. I love burlap and flowers, great combo!! I think I'll keep this idea in mind!

    I am co-hosting a link party this week called Tell Me Tuesdays! I'd love for you to come check it out and link up!!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. taking a vase out of the closet and putting it on the table is not upcycling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I never thought about it that way but you are totally right

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog and love every bit of it! I do hope when you slow down a bit you will keep posting and sewing!!! I have been sewing/quilting for 34 years and i can jonestly say you are doing really great!I love your redos I cannot wait ro be confident enough to give it a try! Keep up the amazing work :0)

    ReplyDelete